I’ve been remiss in updating the blog, but that doesn’t mean exciting things haven’t been happening. Here’s an update on what I’ve been working on since June:
- In July, the San Francisco Chronicle ran Mission District stocks up on local, unique, a story I wrote covering some of the best new shops in San Francisco’s Mission neighborhood. It includes a nice map and guide to local retailers. If you’re planning on visiting the area, it will send you to some great, eclectic shops specializing in vintage and independent designers’ work.
- In early August, Rena Ramirez of 6th Generation Media and I teamed up to offer Market U, a one-night seminar offering media outreach and public relations tips to local small business owners. It was a great success – we sold out the event and met a lot of great people running terrific local businesses. We plan to do another one of these events in the future, likely in the winter or early spring.
- Also in August, I began copy writing for Mineral Fusion cosmetics, a mineral makeup brand based out of Denver. I’ve enjoyed creating tips for using the company’s all natural cosmetics and will post more about them once the current projects become available online.
- And as always, I continued blogging each week for Kayak.com, 7×7.com, the San Francisco Chronicle’s Unzipped blog and SF Indie Fashion.
- I’ll be taking some time off in September and October to be with my new son, Walker (due Aug. 30). That said, SF Indie Fashion will continue running, so don’t hesitate to be in touch about that or any other freelance requests.